Thursday 24 June 2010

Trip to Cornwall (Part one)

I am now sat at my little holiday desk, where my brother-in-law sits. Deryk you really need a new set-up this is going to kill your back. Ok where was I? Oh yes, I am on holiday in Cornwall, staying at my brother and sister-in laws, looking after their dog " The Scruffmeister" while they go to Glastonbury. I think I got rather a good deal.
 I am here with my youngest son Jake, the first thing we had to buy was a bucket and spade. Do boys ever want to stop digging holes? I had intended on putting something on my blog everyday but it is quite time consuming and we have been very busy. I am only sat here now as Jake is fast asleep in bed and we haven't even had dinner yet, I think the sea air has done him in.
Over the next few day you are going to see lots of photos of Jake and lots of photos of the sea at various times of the day, as yet not any very early ones!!
 Including a stop for lunch, it took us six hours to get here, can't say that I am looking forward to the journey back, although very happy to know that I will be coming back quite soon, It really is very beautiful down here and I can see why Deryk and Ruth choose to move so far away. I know the winter could be quite harsh but  i can Imagine that the coast line would still look absolutely amazing. Hope you all enjoy my little trip to the cornish coast. Love to the rest of the family back home, Jake says it would be great to have dad here as he does stupid things and makes me laugh.

Not a good sign, first photo and Jake is already trying to hide.


"Mum" stop taking pictures, really not looking good!!

Andrew, Ruth's youngest son. Looking very cool in his very own style of Ray ban.




The dog that digs non-stop.




Me by Jake




Should have worn your crocs!!


Rowan



Ruth.


Ahh yes, that's the other thing you are going to see lots of surfers.


and not forgetting the odd one or two candid shots, the beach I have found is a great place for candid work, everyone is so busy just enjoying themselves, that they don't notice little old me. I really do love to capture people just going about their thing.


Rowan, Rebecca and Andrew and the Scruffmeister










The Scruffmeister


A dried up jellyfish fish looking very much like a flower.





A brave mans ashes.


A fellow snapper.


Andrew trying to get signal on his mobile phone.




As happy as pigs in ****


The stunning view from the cliff top.


The end of a very tiring day, what will tomorrow be all about I wonder.
 "Come right back her folks, much more to come"

1 comment:

  1. I know I have read these backwards, but have thoroughly enjoyed sharing your Cornish break - it really is such a beautiful place, and your photos have captured something very special. This is a photographic diary of the highest calibre!

    ReplyDelete