Friday 25 June 2010

Cornwall (Part Two)

Day two of my trip to Cornwall with youngest son Jake. The day started with grapefruit and egg on toast. Didn't sleep very well, had to share the double bed with Jake for the first night, he didn't want to but when he did eventually stop moaning and drop off to sleep, he wriggled like hell. When Scruff barked at about 3am, I realised that Ruth, Dee etc had all left to go to Glastonbury, hoping to miss the rush. So I then jumped into the other double bed and tried to get some sleep, the mattress is so comfortable but they have these weird pillows which are really hard to get used to. Think I might ditch them and grab a normal pillow.
After breakfast we took Scruffy for a walk through the woods, then dropped down into town to get a map and something for dinner later. Redruth is a nice little town, with quite a mixture if shops, grab some pasties for the beach and a cream bun (Jake's choice).



The walk through the woods.





Digging holes.







"Sand in the eye"



Ruth and Dee have two paintings in their lounge, which Mr P has always like and said that I should do something like that. Well this is my version Mr P, what do you think?
Before coming away I purchased a colkin ND filter for the bargain price of £18, it is a stunning piece of equipment in bright sunlight, this photo is virtually straight off camera










Me trying to set up a photo to show that we were actually on holiday together, as you can see Jake not feeling very photogenic at the present moment.



We had pasta for tea with a sauce that Ruth had made, with homemade bread that Ruth had also made. After a break of about an hour, Jake had Ice Cream and I had those little beauties above, god they were yummy.



We arrived at the beach with Scruff about 7.30 and promptly realised that we didn't have any poo bags for Scruff, so I went back and rummaged in the car and found the bags that we had had our pasties in, just as well because as soon as we stepped onto the beach low and behold Scruff let out a monster. "God was I going to get it all in the bag", yuck, shit job!!

The ritual writing in the sand.



























This is so far my most favourite image, how lucky was I with the added extra of the fisherman.







Me Taken by Jake.











The end of another great day and the best bit about out is that I have captured all the memories

1 comment:

  1. I want to be on your holiday RIGHT NOW!!! Another fabulous set of images, you have some great seascapes here :)

    ReplyDelete