Saturday 26 June 2010

Cornwall Trip day 3

Today started with a stroll with Scruff, to go and get some eggs from a quaint little cottage down the road After  brekkie we gathered up our things, checked the map and headed off to St Ives. We parked at a park and ride which had spectacular views and then climbed aboard the bus, which filled up very quickly, no-one under the age of about 75, I felt quite risky in my shorts and vest top, while they all chatted about their replacement hips and knees.

St Ives is a beautiful little Cornish coastal village and I look forward to going back sometime to explore at length with hubby. Jake was not that keen in strolling around, apart from the double scooped ice-cream of white chocolate and mint chocolate, once that was finished we were soon back to the conversation about what time were we going to the beach.













































So after St Ives, we headed off to Gwithian Beach, we found a car park that for the first time was free . So armed with body board, bucket & spade, chair, bag with towels, drinks etc and my back pack with all the camera equipment, money, phone etc we headed off over the sand dunes towards the beach, a good ten minute walk, to find that it came to a halt at a sheer cliff edge. "No problem" I say to Jake "were on holiday we have all the time in the world, lets wander along the cliff edge till we get to a bit where we can get down onto the beach". 20mins later we come across a huge car park (not free of course) that sits right at the entrance of the steps down to the beach. The beach was absolutely stunning, it was like sitting in the Caribbean, all I needed was some hunk to come along and offer me a cocktail. We couldn't have picked a more perfect place, sat up against the rocks, looking straight out to see by the time we left I was so chilled that I could bearly get myself of my chair and we still had the long walk back over the Sand dunes back to the Now We Know Why It Was Free Car Park!!

But look at the view, it was worth every step.







































Digging yet more holes.


























Thought I would have a go at processing this Image and the next one differently





Jake having great fun on the body board. We had planned on coming back to the house, have supper then go back to the beach with Scruff to watch the sun go down but due to all of the fresh air that we had already had, all we could manage was flopping down in front of the t.v and watching Alice in Wonderland. Whilst sat here editing, a little but very power full Horsefly has managed to not only bite my arm but also my leg, little bastard is dead now!!.

1 comment:

  1. That beach looks gorgeous, I wish I could step into the computer and be there right now! Loving your photos from here :)

    ReplyDelete