Sunday 4 July 2010

Cornwall Day 5

One of the hottest days of the year, so all we had in mind was to head to the beach. I have thought about Ruth and Dee quite often while they are sweating it out at Glastonbury and I am sunning myself on the beach. I heard on the radio today that people are suffering from heat exhaustion and because of all the dust, people have been treated for Asthma and eye conditions. All those people in all that heat, I really think I had the better deal, apart from the horsefly bite which has now taken over my ankle.

Walked the Scruffmeister down to the local post office to get some supplies to take to the beach, then drove off to Gwithian Bay, this time parking in the car park nice and close, £5.30, I still think that's a rip off for parking on a bit of rubble.



















The Jellyfish


The brotherly chat.


This guy made me giggle, he had done something that Mr P does on a regular basis when playing any sports in shorts, he rolls up the legs of his shorts and turns them into something that resembles a nappy. This guy was playing volley ball and he also had the same stance, which is spread the legs slightly apart, slap your thighs and take the position of a sumo wrestler.





I have to say the Life Guards do  grand job.

















The sandy dogger!!





The rescue.



 
After returning from the beach, we both had a shower. I then cooked some pasta for tea.
Whilst sitting outside having a cuppa, I could hear in the distance a game of cricket going on, Ahh, I thought to myself best wander down with Scruff take a couple of shots, thinking Mr P would be very pleased as his passion is his cricket.
I walked down the alley way, which then lead onto the football pitch, then around the pitch to a little white gate that lead into the cricket ground. I opened up the gate and on the other side was a high concrete platform, to the left were three or four steps normal height and to the right were only two steps with quite a high drop. I turned round to shut the gate and Scruff decided to launch himself off of the steep side and then onto the ground, the lead locked up leaving Scruff with his back feet on the ground and his front feet just about skimming the ground, slightly hanging himself from the lead. I fumbled around trying to work the lead loose. When I finally managed to sort everything out, I stood up looked over at the cricket players, to find them all standing like statues and all looking at me. With a grin on my face, I held my hand up, said "Sorry" and quickly retreated back through the little white gate. Consequently I didn't get any photos but the whole experience was very funny.

1 comment:

  1. nice blog and unique content about cornwall day thanks for that.
    - St Austell

    ReplyDelete