Tuesday 24 August 2010

Jousting at Hever Castle

A couple of weeks ago, I toddled off on my own to go and see a Jousting tournament, having not been to one since I was a child I thought it would be quite fun and an ideal time for a few snaps. Driving over the weather looked abit doggy but as soon as I arrived the sun came out and everyone was blessed with a glorious afternoon.
I found it very satisfiying wandering around alone taking snaps, no-one on the side line giving me one of those looks of "please hurry up".
As you can imagine their was a huge amount of colour but I still preferred to edit all my Jousting Images in black and white.
































































2 comments:

  1. You've got some great shots here Caz, and that last "action" shot is particularly impressive! I have to say, those jousters do look quite scary and intimidating in their helmets, and it must have been quite a spectacle centuries ago when they were actually trying to kill one another ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, The whole scene set naturally for you by name and nature! The black and White is good, l like that very much as it ages the photo and gives the viewer of a sense 'Power' when needed but stillness and ambience at the same time. You captured a lot of emotions here and thats valuable.

    ReplyDelete